Top 5 Christmas 2011 Gift Suggestions
Christmas is so very much nearing. I am betting you are already planning to buy gifts as early as today. So to help you all out there who’s having a hard time choosing the right gifts for the holiday season, I have some terrific gift suggestions here.
1. For the Dads, and Young Male Adults – Jim Paredes’ “LARO” solo album. The songs that make up the album are “OPM Rap,” “Butong Pakwan,” “Ang Ganda Mo,” “May Araw Ka Rin,” “Sinungaling,” “Feeling Guilty,” “Libog Lang Yan,” “Lumisan Na Siya,” “In My Heart,” “Basic Love,” “Sumpa,” “Live Your Own Life,” “Mangarap at Managinip” and “Palagi-lagi.”
Though there is no Danny Javier and Buboy Garovillo, it’s an all-original album made out of pure joy and fun, that is why he called it “Laro” as if just playing around.
“It’s strange to record an album without my two friends. But it is exhilarating to be 100% responsible for what came out. All the songs are original. I worked with Ernie Baladjay, APO’s arranger and friend of many years. Actually it wasn’t work. We played,” Paredes said.
This is Paredes’ first album recording after the APO Hiking Society, the longest running, most popular and respected group in the Philippines ended last May 29, 2010.
2. For the Moms and Young Female Adults – Senator Pia Cayetano’s “My Daily Race” book. ‘My Daily Race’ (My Life as a Senator, Mom and Triathlete), the very first book by Senator Pia S. Cayetano is her memoir which recounts her story from being a reluctant candidate in the 2004 electoral campaign up to her re-election in 2010.
In the book, Cayetano writes about her life in politics, sports and as a mother, representing the multi-tasking senator’s interwoven worlds. She intimately shares how her ‘daily race’ consists of continuously balancing her official duties in the Senate with her responsibilities at home, while still finding time to pursue her passion for sports and her various advocacies.
She also recalls overcoming the loss of her 9-month-old son Gabriel in 2001 and her father, Senator Compañero Rene Cayetano in 2003, by turning to running to cope with her grief. Over the years, she would continue to challenge herself by taking on even tougher sports, including marathons, duathlons, triathlons and Ironman races here and abroad, and organizing sports events for a cause.
3. For the Young Kids – Christine Bersola-Babao’s Children Books, the list includes “Si Kontra, Si Bida at si Big Boy Buwaya”, “The Story of Christine”, “Bakit Siya Meron, Bakit Ako Wala”, and “Basura Monster” and “Bryan Learns His Lesson”.
Though not newly released, they are timeless story books that would be appreciated by both young boys and girls.
Her first book “Bryan Learns His Lesson” (2004), written when her daughter Anya was still in her womb and illustrated by Julius, tells of the story of the boy who realized how lucky he is the hard way.
“Basura Monster” (2005), illustrated by Cedric Ryan de Guzman, educates the youth to care for the environment.
“The Story of Christine” (2006) reflects Tintin’s own experiences in finding her identity and how she coped with her insecurities as a young girl. For this book, she received a special citation from the 30th Catholic Mass Media Awards.
“Bakit Siya Meron? Bakit Ako, Wala?” (2008) brings the message of the Christ-Child to its young readers by going beyond material things and learning to count life’s blessings. “Bryan Learns His Lesson”.
In “Si Kontra, Si Bida at si Big Boy Buwaya” (2008), Kontra and Bida are sibling monkeys. But they are as different as night and day. Kontra works for the cruel, greedy, and corrupt Big Boy Buwaya, the leader of their animal kingdom. Bida tries to save her brother from Big Boy Buwaya’s influence… but will she succeed?
One day, tragedy strikes in the kingdom, making everyone think about their deeds. But in the end, goodness rules once more over the community. Truth, justice, unity, and hope prevail.
4. For the Teenage Boys – Batman Arkham City PC Game – Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City is an action adventure game that builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum.
Within the dark, heavily guarded walls of Arkham City some of Gotham’s most twisted, diabolical and murderous minds are imprisoned. In Arkham City, the villains have control and they are patiently waiting and hoping for a chance to take down Gotham’s hero. Batman…
Set around one year after the events in Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman races against the clock to restore order, thwart the super villains and save Gotham…
Featuring enhanced and all-new gameplay features, Batman: Arkham City looks to be the most explosive and immersive Batman game to date.
Be the Dark Knight… Order Batman: Arkham City today!
5. For the Teenage Girls – Anne Curtis Smith’s No Other Concert – Scheduled on January 28 but you can buy the tickets already in time for Christmas.
Finally, it’s a dream come true! The ambitious karaoke singer is finally having her major solo concert at Smart Araneta Coliseum! So brace yourselves this January because this hot goddess is going to rock the Big Dome!
Fresh from the success of her debut album “Annebisyosa” and her box-office movie “No Other Woman”, the Princess of All Media Anne Curtis continues her winning streak with her first major concert, “Annebisyosa – No Other Concert World Tour” set on January 28, 2012, 8PM at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Expect fabulous costume changes, breathtaking dance performances, and mind blowing song numbers! Plus, her special guests will surely spice up this incredible night!
Well, there you go, …there’s plenty more on my list but those were on the top…..and I’m sure every age level would probably also want more than just one of the gift suggestions. I know I would love to have them all….Even the children’s books. After all, there’s still a child within all of us.